Remit: ACR+ is an international network of cities and regions who share the aim of promoting smart resource consumption and sustainable management of waste through prevention at source, reuse and recycling.
Remit: Scotland Europa promotes Scottish interests across the institutions of the European Union and to the representatives of Europeâ€™s regions and nations. Scotland Europa membership brings together a wide range of Scottish organisations, including public authorities, businesses, local government, trade unions and education and voluntary organisations. This diverse partnership gives us a variety of perspectives on Scottish interests in Europe and an influential voice in European affairs. With experienced and specialised staff based in Brussels and Scotland, Scotland Europa fosters strong links between Scotland and Europe, providing intelligence, policy analysis and strategic funding advice.
Remit: The EU and Member States are committed to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), adopted in September 2015, including a target to halve per capita food waste at the retail and consumer level by 2030, and reduce food losses along the food production and supply chains. The most recent estimates of European food waste levels (FUSIONS, 2016) reveal that 70% of EU food waste arises in the household, food service and retail sectors, with production and processing sectors contributing the remaining 30%. In order to support achievement of the SDG 12.3 target on food waste and maximise the contribution of all actors, the Communication on Circular Economy calls on the Commission to establish a Platform dedicated to food waste prevention. The EU Platform on Food Losses and Food Waste (FLW) aims to support all actors in: defining measures needed to prevent food waste; sharing best practice; and evaluating progress made over time.
Remit: Applying the principles of the circular economy, it brings together key stakeholders to rethink and redesign the future of plastics, starting with packaging. The initiative is led by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation in collaboration with a broad group of leading companies, cities, philanthropists, policymakers, academics, students, NGOs, and citizens.